Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Airport and People

Ella and I went to the airport today to pick up Josh's best friend, Steve. Josh would've done it himself, but he was told late this afternoon that he had to report back to work at 2:00am this morning. I used to love going to the airport, I love watching people, there's so many emotions and cultures. I remember when we used to be able to watch the flights come and go right next to the planes. I miss that. But what's so interesting to me is just watching the huge range of emotions that people go through when they go to the airport. You see people crying when loved ones are leaving, people crying because their loved ones are back home. Its really a beautiful mix. But something that broke my heart while I was there was watching a serviceman getting ready to leave. Now I have no idea where he was going, but it really put things in perspective to me. I mean, these men and women protect US, all of us. Why shouldn't they get the credit and respect that they deserve?!! I hate when the media, or politicians speak poorly about descisions made by the politicians themselves. These people are the ones who pay the price for others actions. They deserve to be honored and given whatever they need as well as their families. I can't imagine what a military wife or mom, or dad for that matter goes through when their loved ones are leaving and their children, how hard it must be for them to understand that mommy or daddy is leaving for so long. It makes me more thankful for them for the sacrifices they make everyday for our country. I love you military people and THANK YOU for serving our country!!!

1 comment:

leahmarieisme said...

you are so thoughtful! You're right too...we need to not take for granted all that they give!